At the Digital Signage Expo Shanghai, GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards and solutions for enterprises, today announced the availability of its new GB-TCV1 system and MZBAYVP motherboard based on the Intel® “Scorpion Ridge” platform, a low cost small form factor solution designed to accelerate market adoption toward the latest Intel® Atom™ solutions and growth in the digital signage, interactive white board, and vending machine market segments.
Entry-level digital signage media players are currently leading the incremental growth in global digital signage market. Indeed, according to Future source market data (2011) the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global digital signage market from 2012 to 2016 in terms of installed media player unit volume is approximately 35%. Approximately 10 million units of media players are expected to be sold in the market for the period indicated above. 50% of the sales volume may come from entry-level digital signage solutions.
- Most competitive functions and performance for entry-level digital signage platform on Android, Windows and Linux environments.
- Full-featured I/O interface within a compact enclosure.
- 7 years support and best-in-class performance with innovative IA microarchitecture from Intel®.
- Passive or active thermal solution for different Intel® Atom™ processor models ranging from 5W to 10W TDP.
- Full-height Mini-PCIe connector for best expandability (e.g., 4G module).
- Onboard eMMC with pre-installed Android version, emerging OS in the digital signage world, for scaling to channels.
- LVDS output: For sub-display configuration in addition to main display panel.
These advanced features targeting intelligent vending machine and digital signages will give users more flexibility to optimize their solutions for various market needs. With GIGABYTE, OEMs, distributors, SIs, and CMS providers will enjoy the shortest time to market, and win and grow the entry level digital signage segment of their market.